May 11, 2015

Let's talk MAKEUP.

Ever since I was little, I've had an interest in makeup.

I remember begging my mother to let me wear it growing up, and admiring her putting it on as she got ready for the day.

"Gosh, I cannot wait 'til I'm old enough to play with that junk."

I remember going school shopping for entering junior high, and the surprise that came with it. My mother walked me over to the makeup section in the store,

"Dad and I decided you can wear a little for school. Just mascara, light eyeshadow, and lip gloss. ok?"

Oh it was totally ok! I was over the moon.

I remember picking out a light baby pink Mary-Kate & Ashley eye palette, some lip smackers chapsticks, and the signature pink and green Great Lash mascara tube. (I'm sure that was quite the combo, yikes!)

Fast forward several years, and hundreds of daily practices later, and sure enough, I'm still just as obsessed, if not more! I have somehow managed to fill an entire dresser into a makeup station, watch YouTube tutorials constantly, and am always on the lookout for products to try and love.

I feel its a creative outlet,  my "me time" between working and being a mama, and something I am passionate about.

Since this blog of mine is where I write about things I love, why not share it here once in a while?

I don't think I'm an expert...AT ALL. Nor a guru of any sort.

I just would like to share what is functional and affordable!

I don't use all high-end. In fact, I love drugstore products. It's so much fun to mix and match and get more for your buck. Honestly, in some ways you get more in certain high end products, such as quality and the usage you will get out of it. In others, I have found drugstore products to hold up and own the show for a budget friendly price.

Anywho, this is going to be my quick intro post, hopefully I can coordinate some helpful and entertaining makeup posts really soon.

XOXO Kess

No comments:

Post a Comment