April 7, 2016

seed-sown dreams.

have you ever thought of sowing seeds of dreams so big you think there's just no way they could possibly grow?!
A couple days ago we had a beautiful 70 degree sunny day, and we took advantage of the sunshine and went out for a drive. I love rolling the window down with the music up and having my hair blow in the breeze out to the unknown. Hank and I always seem to find ourselves driving to the outskirts or back roads of town, row after row of crop and little homes scattered here and there throughout the open rolling hills. We decided to take our drive out past Lake Lowell in Nampa, and I must admit its one of my favorite spots. Henry and Jett had fallen asleep in the car, and I was just ho humming, staring off into the farms, when suddenly a certain house caught my attention. 
"Hank, go right over there. I see my dream house."
"You do??"
I always say things I love here and there, but I've never said that.
We pulled right across from this house all quaint and kept on a road spread out with a couple houses a ways down.
 The wrap round porch. 
The big windows with the black shutters.
The big barn/tractor shed on the left of it.
The welcoming front steps and street light.
This was it.
I felt like a Fixer Upper client and that Chip and Joanna Gaines had just pulled back the rolling lifesize photo of my fixer upper before my eyes for the big reveal.
I began walking Hank through our life, just by looking at it.
"That's where I'd read a devotion and sip my coffee in the morning."
"That's where Henry and Jett would play catch in the yard"
"Those steps are where we'd sit and reflect together after a long day."
"That's where we'd have a Sunday dinner outside if it was nice out."
On and on I went about describing the details of life and how this house was the setting place for it all to unravel.
"I really love it too, Kess." he kept saying.
I took a photo of it to awe about later, and we continued our drive. 
I kept thinking, "this is a little patch of heaven"
"this is a home you'd want to write a book about or have a movie feature."
"this is the ideal home."
I know what you all are thinking. Good grief all that from a stinking house you saw on a drive?
Yeah, well...yeah. I guess so.
Something about a life outside of town just appeals to me.
Life is such a fast and instant whirlwind already.
This place would slow all that down real simple.
No, it's not my house, and no, it's not for sale. 
But yes, I'm a dreamer.
Yes, it's just an old house.
But also, yes to God-sized dreams.
and yes to seeking Him out in our dreams.
big or small.

XOXO, KESS

No comments:

Post a Comment