November 20, 2013

Choosing not to be Lonely.




Can I just get honest about something today?

We all have moments when we feel a bit lonely
It's part of being human. We go through different seasons, transitions,moves,changes.

When you find loneliness sneaking up on you, first say this: "Hello, Loneliness. I know you're here to try to convince me that something is wrong with me, and that I am the only one who hangs out with you. But I've figured out your tricks and I know that's not true. So thanks for stopping by, but I've got better things to do than listen to you."

Then pick up the phone, send an email, go to a coffee shop, invite a friend to lunch, hug your kids, sign up for something, text someone--whatever you need to do to connect with another person. Because chances are, loneliness has tried to visit them too. 

When we listen to what loneliness tries to tell us, we withdraw when what we really need to do is reach out. 

The surest way to keep from feeling left out is to let people in.

You may be lonely right now, but you're not alone.

Who can you love on today? 

Xoxo, Kess

No comments:

Post a Comment