June 9, 2014

My new thing.

Hi guys and gals, hope you all are enjoying this mood-lifting sunshine we all have been having lately. I sure have, and I can tell you what, I am a pretty positive person most of the time, but all be darn when the sun is radiating and peeking its warmth through the bright blue sky, it gives me that extra boost.

Things our way have been busy as heck. Since Hank works Mon-Thurs and I work Fri-Sun (one of us is always home with Henry) we are always juggling and adjusting for our summers busy schedule. We pretty much have solid plans every weekend until late August, haha! Between Mothers Day and Fathers Day, two bridal showers, two weddings, fourth of July, family reunions, our 4th (4th?!) anniversary, and some camping in between, I'd say we're quite swamped haha. I swear just working weekends is the hardest thing; the only times I need off are the three stinking days I work! It'll all come together, I just know it, but I feel as if I will catch a break this fall, if that!

My restaurant I work at recently moved out of the airport, which is super bittersweet. I miss the regulars, the airplanes, the mornings looking over the runway, the pilots stories, and all sorts of goodies that came along with the location. But change is good, I just have to keep telling myself that. We combined both of our locations into one big restaurant, so I am quickly trying to gain my flow and get my rhythm back!

Anywho, the "new thing" of mine I enjoy doing is screen printing and designing clothing. I am by no means professional or anything, but I enjoy crafting with my hands while Henry naps or during my late night Netflix sessions. (yes you heard right, don't judge haha) I love coming up with funny puns or nerdy sayings that people can laugh at and enjoy, and come on, put it on a baby and its to die for! I want to start making custom ones for friends and family, but I'm a chicken. If anybody wants some, I'd be happy to do it! Its tedious, yet relaxing for me, and I gain a huge smile on my face knowing my little guy will wear it. Some of the actual graphic tees and such I have seen on Etsy are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. $40 for a modern graphic onesie? Yeah no thanks. $40 for my baby to roll in the dirt in it, spill juice on, and grow out of after two wears? I'll pass! I'm glad I've found a few alternatives, and with more practice, who knows what I can do with it. I love making them for myself too.
Yes, I may have grown a baby, but guess what, I've "still got it", all mamas are beautiful.

"Oh Henry!" just like the candy bar, and Hello :)

The Office. Henry is my Dundee Award.

Clothes Over Bros, just like B. Davis. (One Tree Hill)

Geometric patterned leggings

Side Left: $42 shirt Side Right: $8 for shirt and supplies, $3 necklace from Rue 21


I hope you all have a blessed week, be kind to one another, and know you're loved!

Xoxo, Kess

No comments:

Post a Comment