June 9, 2016

SUMMER FAVS.


hello lovely peeps!
Summer is here, summerrrrrrrr. (insert Olaf singing voice here)
I am so excited for pool days, camping, kayaking, and all the summer things with my little dudes. 
I feel like there are so many go-to products and items of mine I've been reaching for lately so I wanted to share, girlfriend to girlfriend, and let you in on all the favs of mine I've been loving lately!

1. Seashell Crop Top
So I don't really wear this as a crop top (I bought a large) but I thought it was super fun and fitting for summer. I found it browsing at H&M for $4.99 peeps, yepp, super cheap-o. I have worn it with black denim cut offs, as a coverup over my swimsuit at the pool, with a skirt, yoga pants and I just feel like a mermaid everytime I wear it :)
2. Love & Sunshine Lotion from B & B Works
This scent is happiness in a bottle! I used to love a bath and body works lotion a while back called "forever sunshine" and this one is very similiar but yummy in it's own way. Its got a sunny cheerful citrus smell that is refreshing and revitalizes me every time I put it on.  It's a combination of daisy, lemon, strawberry, honeysuckle and sunshine musk. It's a must scent for summertime!
3. Nume 32mm Classic Wand
You guys, I've seen all the hype on IG and social media about these Nume wands and seen so so many curl variations from them, as well as it repeatedly being known as holding curls for days. Well one day I was in TJ Maxx and spotted it for $24.99 and knew it was a steal. I love the loose waves it creates on my hair, and it heats up super fast. I love how on the next day it needs little/no touch ups and just add dry shampoo and go!
4. Makeup Essentials Bag
Is this bag not the funniest?! I loved it haha. I bought this for $3.99 at Rue21 the other day. It's a perfect catch all for makeup, bobby pins, hair ties, and things. I love throwing it in my purse, car, diaper bag, and swim bag!
5. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer
This stuff is THE BOMB. This is going to sound nuts but even if you didn't need a bronzer, buy this thing for the smell haha. It smells like a tropical vacation, every time I open it, I can smell coconut. Makes me want a miami vice on the beach somewhere! I love telling other people about it and having them smell it. I own the hyped "Hoola" Bronzer by Benefit, and I can honestly say this is about as good! It's not too red, not ashy, and not shimmery. A very good bronzer, and a drugstore price!
6. Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector/Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop
When it comes to makeup, eyeshadow and highlighter are my favorite things to do. I remember falling in love with Becca's highlighter in the shade Opal, and then when they came out with the collabaration with Jaclyn Hill, I saw the shade and instantly was in love. It's the perfect peachy gold highlight, and gives a nice sheen and glow from within. I apply this on the apples of my cheeks, tops of my cheekbones, cupid's bow above my top lip, and brow bones. If you wanna go crazy, douse yourself extra and put some on your shoulder blades and collar bones. Hello J-Lo, you got that glow!
7. NYX Prism Shadow "Mermaid" and ColourPop Cosmetics Shadow "Telepathy"
I love myself a deep lip color and smokey eye, but in the summer I really enjoy focusing on the face, giving a bronze and glow, and leaving the eyes pretty minimal. One of my favorite things to do is add a pop of color to my eyes, and these two are my go-tos. I love putting the mermaid shade on my waterline, and I love the lime green shade all over my lid. NYX is a pretty inexpensive brand, and if you go to ColourPop Cosmetics website and add yourself to their email list, you can get $5 off. The best part is that the eyeshadow itself is $5, so you basically just pay the shipping. YOU'RE WELCOME. :)
8. Sunnies
My friend Amanda gave me these, and I love the shape of them. You can never have too many for the summer!
9. Tartelette in Bloom Palette
When the original Tartelette palette came out, it didn't really excite me much. I remember going to Ulta and swatching it and thinking the shadows were chalky and not very pigmented. But then they came out with this second one and it blew my mind. It has a perfect mix of matte and shimmer shadows, mostly neutrals and browns. I seriously love this palette SO much and highly recommend. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this favorites post, I'd love to hear back from YOU!
What are some of your favorites for summer??
What's some products that you've been loving?
XOXO KESS


No comments:

Post a Comment