May 21, 2013

The Tuesday Ten. {vol 5}

Hello lovelies! Good gracious, I just noticed I haven't wrote a Tuesday post in a month...good grief!  Here it goes:

1. Five Months.

Henry is 5 months old on the 27th, and I am in deep denial. Because that means he is 6 months in June,  and THAT means we are half way to his FIRST birthday. Nooooo way :"( My mommy heart just aches. Time needs to slow down. I find myself constantly cherishing and taking in the moments, counting my blessings with each day Henry grows; time is still flying by! I want him to stay my little one, my cuddly, tiny, little one. I truly don't take him for granted; he is so special ♥
2. Oklahoma.

I woke up early this morning, flipped on the tv, and instantly my heart dropped. ABC had an exclusive news story about twisters in Oklahoma. My stomach was in knots just watching the footage of home after home demolished by this monsterous twister. If you are able to, you can donate to Red Cross, Salvation Army, or Operation USA to give relief those families.
1 Peter 5:7 ♥
3. Proverbs.

I started reading my bible again, reading a chapter of Proverbs a day. I really like the book of Proverbs because it acts as a guidance on a multitude of situations you face on a regular basis...dont we all need that advise or what?! It teaches us that our words are carriers of either life or death, that a happy heart does us good like a medicine, and to trust in the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

"Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind, and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all of your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths ."
 -Proverbs 3:5-6

4. CARPET.

We bought our house in August 2011 and we have really enjoyed having a home. The house had a really bad eye sore....the carpet!! Its this nasty light green (i think its green?!) color and is extremely stained and worn down. I think the kids that lived here previously mustve rolled in mud and then sat down with cups of koolaid while painting haha its so dingy! No vaccueming or carpet cleaning we have done has done any justice. Well we finally are getting it replaced and I am SOOOO excited. You know you are an adult when home improvements make you giddy haha! We are getting it installed on Friday and I can't wait to see how our home will look. It will be so nice for when Henry gets crawling and stuff too :)

 5. China Hutch.

 Hanks mom had a china hutch, and it was passed down to him. It has been sitting in our garage for months now needing to be restored. Does anyone know how to restore or paint a hutch?! If so I really could use the tips!! I really want to restore it to a cherry red color and collect vintage Pyrex to display, as well as a china set from Hanks grandma. Here's some ideas of what I want! If you have any old dishes like this or know of where to get some, hook a sister up! :) 




6. Strength.

I have a sweet friend of mine that recently had her husband deployed and has moved back to Pocatello. I cannot seem to fathom what a mix of emotions and hardships that her heart must be feeling. Denial, fear, anger, loneliness, anxiety, I bet you feel it all at once, and each at intensified levels. Yet, despite all circumstances, she has shown true strength and support for her husband. Im so proud to call her a friend, and blessed I can be here for her the 9 months he is away. These men arent just gone for a weekend, or a simple work meeting, far from comparison to that!! They are across the globe, seeking and fighting for America and the home they protect and believe in. Youve got this girlfriend, you can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you ♥

7. Graveyards.

Hank is going to be starting up the ultimate crummy shift soon, working 9PM to 7AM :( UGH! Need I say more?! This is going to be rough.

8. Playdates.

Recently, I met a gal around the same age as me, and she has a little baby boy 2months younger than Henry and it has been an extreme blessing. We have gone to the zoo, as well as out to dinner with our husbands. Its nice to meet new people and for Henry to have a little guy to play with as well:) We are going to start up working out together and even scrapbooking our little guys pictures really soon! We are going to have a fun summer with these guys!

9. Wise Words.

Need this as a daily reminder!


10. Argo.

Hank has been wanting to see this movie for a LONG time; so we finally redboxed it and I must say that it was a WONDERFUL movie. I highly recommend it; the suspense will about break you! Haha! Its also a true story, I really really enjoyed it. 

There is my Ten for Tuesday :) Have a blessed week, be kind to one another!

《Xoxo, KESS♥》  





No comments:

Post a Comment