May 6, 2014

A Mommy Thought.


Yesterday I read a little post Corrine from Mint Arrow wrote on an Instagram photo of hers that sank so deeply into my heart that I haven't been able to get it off my mind; I thought I would share it with you real quick. 



Today is the childhood our kids will remember. It's easy to get caught up in so many good things that we can lose sight of the best things that are staring us in the face. Or in the knees, or waist, depending how little they are. It's really resonated in my heart since I read it, I've also had it circulating in my thoughts constantly. Never will you be more loved than right now. When your babies beg to be held and read to and cuddled and played with and loved. So the last few days I've tried really hard to unplug and just play with sweet Henry, look him in the eyes more, laugh with him, not just tell him I love him, but really show him too. It's amazing how much joy I feel, real joy, not just momentary fleeting worldly happiness, but JOY when I am present as a mother. 

Sorry for the quick blurt, I just wanted to share what's heavy on my heart, maybe your heart needed it too <3 

Have a happy week, know you are loved, and show love. 

XOXO, KESS

No comments:

Post a Comment