February 15, 2013

A Big Change.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." -Jeremiah 33:3
 
"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."-John 15:7

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest."[I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] -Matthew 11:28
 
 

Our little family recieved some long-awaited good news for Valentine's Day!

My sweet hubster Hank has been a sales rep for Verizon for 3 years. Although the company has been  good to work for, he has gotten quite burnt out. All day, everyday, people come in griping and complaining to him about their phones, some calling him outside his shift hours demanding him to fix their facebook on their smartphone or mad that their "Words with Friends" score has somehow been wiped. It can be quite ridiculous if I say so myself.

Back in October, Hank had set up a phone for a lady that worked for the Ada County Sheriff's Office in Downtown Boise. She must've seen instant potential in Hank, for she suggested discretely to him that they were hiring, and gave her name for him to use as a reference. So Hank took initiative and looked into it! From then on, it has been an intense hiring process, and quite long too! Since October, Hank has done several steps to complete the process, which was started initially with extensive application forms, oral interviews, dispatch phone call sit ins, intense polygraph tests, criminal background checks, several reference calls, fingerprints, and more. (and I'm sure I'm missing some too, it's alot!)

Well after months of drives in to Boise, and steps later, Hank is setting down the smartphones, and is gaining the title of an Ada County Dispatch Officer :) I'm so proud of him; he has worked so hard for this, and I know he will be great!

Ever since I've known Hank, he has been in the sales industry. His first job was a sales rep for World Gym in Pocatello, and then for Verizon as a sales rep in Boise. This is new and exciting territory for him; I just know he will love it! He has never had a job where he doesn't have to sell, he can just work! He will love being able to clock out, and truly be clocked out :) He will also have a schedule of 4 days on, 3 days off, and our little family will have some additional benefits. It is such an answered prayer, God is so good. I am so profoundly amazed by His work, even when we can't see it, it is there. I can't express how much of a blessing this is :) Seeing Hank come home burnt out and weary from customers was so hard, and just knowing this other job could potentially happen was seeming to be the light at the end of the tunnel. This job is the answer of many prayers I've prayed for Hank, so we are so excited! He is set to start March 11th :)

The other blessing with this job is that I will no longer have the pressure of having to work a certain amount; I will now be able to stay home and raise my Henrybug :) Gahh, that in itself just brings happy tears. I will still work, taking massage appointments around Hank's schedule, only because I love being a massage therapist, and I think it would be a good outlet for me to escape for an hour or so with some adults :) Living in Boise, we don't have any family that Henry could go with, so during my maternity leave I have stressed and stressed over what we would do when I needed to go back. I just couldn't bear having him go to daycare. But now, that weight has lifted :") I cannot begin to tell you just how relieved and blessed I feel.

So that's our big news :) We are so happy and feel such graditude about this, now its just a matter of letting it all sink in!! Since Hank also has some paid time vacation days saved up with Verizon, he is considering taking those right before his transition to the Dispatch office, so I might have two weeks vacation with Hank before he starts his new job :) Gosh, happy tears once again. Get it together Kess!
On another note, the weather in Nampa is just beautiful! We had such a mild winter here, and it is now looking more and more like spring, which is so bizarre for mid-February in Idaho!! I think I just might go for a walk with my baby boy and Ernie :)

                                                           My little Valentine :)

Until next time!
XOXO, Kess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment