February 12, 2013

The Tuesday Ten.

 
Hello all!

I love keeping up to date with people and reading their blogs, and lately I have noticed a fad in blogging, and I'm going to jump the gun as well :) On Tuesdays, people are blogging "The Tuesday Ten", which is 10 facts/thoughts/tidbits the person wants to share! I thought that sounded fun, so I'm joining the bandwagon, here is my Tuesday Ten:

1. "Good in Goodbye" by Carrie Underwood
I am LOVING this song lately. (Click the link if you haven't heard it!)  My favorite part is "I thank God I didn't get what I thought that I deserve." Sometimes life truly leads you down a different road, and through your tunnel vision you cannot see God's bigger plan, and once it unfolds, you look back amazed at what He did, and how much better it was for you. and I love that about Him. Plus Carrie's voice is beautiful as usual.
            
2. Freaking Laundry.
This E-Card pretty much says it all. I despise laundry. I swear it breeds while I am sleeping. Little Henry has kept me so busy that I end up rewashing loads as well. It's such an awful chore!
3. Cara Loren.
Have you seen this woman's blog?? Holay. Her style is wonderful! I wish I looked that put together and dolled up, and goodness, don't get me started on her outfits. Her little son even surpasses me with fashion haha. So cute! One day Henry and I will dress like that :) Here is just a taste of it! Check out her blog for more!  (caraloren.com)

5. Hair. Hair. Hair.
Getting my hair done has always been one of my favorite things to do. It is so refreshing to get all touched up, and leave with soft, trimmed, styled, fresh hair! It is such an indulgence to me, and I love it! I am so indecisive though. My hair is the longest its ever been, and ever since I saw the "Safe Haven" previews, (Sidenote: I MUST SEE THAT MOVIE!) I have been having hair envy for Julianne Hough's new edgy look! I'm also debating keeping the length and adding layers. Who knows! The upside is that hair is hair, it can always change :)         

6.  WIRED.
Since having a baby, I feel as if I have been going nonstop day and night since he was born. It has brought a whole new meaning to the words "exhaustion" and "fatigue". My body is seriously running on coffee and Mountain Dew. I know, I know, its doggone awful for my health, but currently it is keeping me sane.

7. Valentine Schmalentine.
I have a love/hate relationship with Valentine's Day. It used to be my very favorite holiday! Seeing couples mush and gush over each other, and spending the day all lovestruck is so wonderful. But yet I can't help but to think its overrated; every year the media makes it seem bigger and bigger and more materialistic. It's one day that everyone sets high expectations of how it is supposed to be and feel, and that is just too much pressure. These days I feel as if people throw their love life in everyone's face, tweeting it, texting it, FB'ing about it, instagramming it, as if they need to prove its perfect and wonderful. Although I think thats sweet every now and then, I don't think its something you need to prove to people, or prove on one day.

8. Ice Cream.
I could seriously eat ice cream daily and be perfectly content. In fact, I want some now. Yum :)

9. Facebook.
Ever since Thanksgiving, I have not had a Facebook account. It is so nice! It's amazing how much time you can spend on that thing, and now freeing up that space in my life has truly let me enjoy what is actually in my life :) I do miss seeing how people are doing though, but unfortunately that's not what Facebook is for anymore it seems like!

10. Mommyhood.
I have been a mommy for 7 weeks, and I can easily say that this is by far the hardest job I have ever had. It is exhausting physically, mentally, and emotionally. I worked two manual labor jobs before I took this on, and now looking back, that seems like a breeze. My emotions are on and off during the day trying to keep up and tend to my Henrybug. I love him so much, even though he is a lot of work. He is just starting to develop a little personality; it is special to see him coo, smile, and interact with me :)



There is my Tuesday Ten, I feel as if I was all sorts of random, but that was fun :)

Until next time!
XoXo, Kess

        

No comments:

Post a Comment