October 19, 2013

My little pummy-ummy-umpkin.

Have you ever found yourself in a moment that you know is going to make a great memory? Ever found yourself stepping back in delight at something going on, knowing that is going to be a lasting joy you will look back on, knowing those moments are what makes life good?

Last night was one for the books. We had picked out a pumpkin for Henry at the Boise Fire Station's pumpkin patch a couple weekends ago with my sister (which was an amazing amazing weekend), and we finally decided to carve it! Henry was in his highchair holding a baby pumpkin, smiling and watching in pure curiosity as Hank carved the pumpkin and I scooped out the seeds. There were smiles, laughter, visiting, and happiness all around. We had the laptop on the table and had the "Thriller" music video going, as well as "Monster Mash" too, and it was so fun for Hank and I to sing it and be silly, and for Henry to laugh and nod his head and raise his shoulders to the beat!

These are the moments I will cherish with Henry.

These are the moments I will cherish with Hank.

These are the moments I will cherish as a mom.

We then took Henry out on the front porch and began to take his picture. Can I just emphasize how difficult it is to get a picture of a semi-mobile baby?!  Add a pumpkin and neighborhood distraction and you have quite the photoshoot!! There was so many fun pictures, it was hard not to pick just one we liked. So here they are; here are some pictures of the pumpkin patch and Henry's first Halloween pumpkin:


1 comment: