October 3, 2013

Dear Weary Mom♥

Dear Weary Mom,

I see how you are dragging through your day,

 worried about tomorrow, and regretful of yesterday.

How there’s an endless to-do list always waiting, one child crying and another yelling.

 How shoes are strewn and toys scattered all over the floor, with the fridge empty and tummies hungry, because there’s not been time for the store.
I see how you want to clock out and run away from it all.
How do I know?

Because I’m living this weary-mama life right alongside you.

I’m in the trenches with you, struggling to prioritize, fighting to seize moments, longing to slow down time, and not lose my own self in the process.

I’m with you, living in the tension of giving, giving, giving, with the desire to be cared for too.

And I’m convinced this tension is the life of a mom … sacrifice and service walking hand in hand with needs and desires. A life-call to be humbled low and laid down, alongside a deep longing to be appreciated and affirmed, upheld and seen.

Sometimes it doesn’t feel fair to live this way … to feel like the giving is emptying us dry.

How often we think we’re too busy for God, concerned we don’t have the perfect quiet time to give. Or feeling it’s not practical in light of the craziness we’re enduring.

But may I encourage you today? :)

You, who are too numb to imagine feeling worthwhile again?

Don’t run away. Run to Him.
Because you’re too desperate to not take the time.
Too empty to not be filled.
Too rundown to not be refreshed.
 
Jesus has come to ease our load.
He humbled Himself low and laid Himself down. He knows.
As we serve, He serves us.
And as we give, He gives us more.
 
And I’m learning more and more, to run to Him.
To sit at His feet. To open His Word and let the words of His love letter soak in–this love letter I so desperately need.
Because He says I’m His.
He says He’s near.
And He says His strength is perfect when my strength is gone.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)



In our times of frantic rushing and frazzled trying…

When we long to run away, may we run to Him.
Spend time reading His Word,
Listening for His voice,
And interacting with Him through journaling or prayer.
 
And so today, weary mama, in your run-down, bone-tired moments,

When you’re about to collapse and wave your white flag high in the air,

May you remember to run to Him.
Open His love letter to you.
Read just one verse.
Meditate on one Psalm.
Sing just one song.
Be still and let Him fill your weary heart with truth.
 
The truth that He loves you, and adores you, and thinks you’re doing the most marvelous job.


Sit a while in His love for you. Let Him fill you back up, that you may know His sustaining power for your tasks at hand. That you’d sense His presence and be carried by His strength.

And that you’d be filled up, to be emptied again … this flowing of His perfect plan through you.

XOXO, Kess

 

No comments:

Post a Comment