April 7, 2014

Life Lately.

hello lovelies.

I hope life has been treating you well, and that God has been abundant and present in your lives. I wish I had something inspiring, or uplifting to share with you today. Something to boost your spirits, empower and equip you for your day-to-day journey.

But sometimes, I really feel wordless. So if this post becomes unnecessary or just a random little tidbit, then I do apologize in advance! But for some reason, I opened my blogger tab, and opened a fresh new post, and allowed the chance for something to come from my heart. I feel a need to write, to connect, and open up with you. So maybe I could share a little slice of life with you all, a little peek into whats been happening over here.

Work has been extremely hectic lately. For those who didn't know, I am a waitress at a cafe right above the Nampa Airport. We have patio seating and its a quaint little dining space with yummy food, all with the experience of watching airplanes take off and land while you eat. It's pretty fun! With this warm spring starting up, we have had a full house all day, every day of the weekend (I work Fri-Sun) It's been great! Saturday and Sunday I was running around the restaurant like mad, cleaning, serving, seating, it was pure chaos! But it's a really fun job, and I really enjoy it. It's been good for me. I've been working there since November 1st, so I feel like I've gotten the hang of it by now. It's been nice to have the additional income to cut down on debt, as well as for irregular expenses. Hey, and the tip money is fun too :)
That little top part is the cafe, and the open part on top is the patio seating :)


I've really been enjoying this sunshine lately. Am I the only one who's mood thrives on sunshine??
Seriously people, when the sun is out, I feel positive, alive, warm, happy, and bright. It turns my day around so quick. I open all the windows and blinds and let it light up my home. I've already been browsing places to hike, overnight camps, new parks, fun fun outdoorsy stuff. We mowed the lawn for the second time this year, and all our flowers are reblooming by our front door; I really find spring so beautiful. Can't believe Easter is right around the corner. Henry will be at such a fun stage to try an Easter egg hunt with this year. Can't wait to get him in his Sunday best too :)

Annie enjoying the water on our family walk! 


Henry has been such a cute little stinker lately. It's fun to have this opportunity in this day and age to document his day-to-day moments; I will be so thankful to read them back with him one day, to reshare our memories of how we grew up together. Anywho, today I went grocery shopping with him, and we passed the bananas. That boy LOVES bananas. He goes BANANAS for bananas hahaha. So I grab a bunch of bananas and put them into our cart. He starts clapping and shouting "Na-Na! Na-Na! Yay Na-Na! Yayyy! NAAAA NAAAA!" all throughout the remainder of my shopping. Haha it was so precious! He also loves being outside. We take monster trucks out and roll them to each other, color with sidewalk chalk, and blow bubbles in the yard. He actually throws a fit when it's time to go inside. I bought him one of those dinky plastic kiddie pools the other day, I can't wait to have some fun in the sun as it heats up! 


Hank recently got to use his giftcard I gave him for his birthday. This was no ordinary gift card... I surprised him on his birthday with a date to his favorite restaurant and a giftcard for one skydive! He was so stoked! We took him out a couple weekends ago to the Caldwell Airport, where he was handed some paperwork and watched an instructional video. (Can I just tell you how weird it is to see him sign a paper saying he might die during this acitivity?? Oh and how weird it is for me to sign as the witness??) He walked out to the tiny plane, and they corkscrewed higher and higher, and sure enough, I saw a little dot drop out, then a few seconds later, I saw the parachute! Hank was so shaken up and his adrenaline was pumping when he walked over to us afterwards. He was hooked, and said it was not what he expected, but in a good way! He already wants to go back! It was fun to watch, and something I am perfectly okay with just watching ;)

Right before he went up to skydive!

Well I hope you enjoyed this random update of my life lately. It's crazy how much days fly by, and with the warm weather and busyness I just seem to be riding by the seat of my pants with a smile, but I like it. It's life and life is GOOD. 

XOXO, Kess



No comments:

Post a Comment