April 28, 2013

Unhindered. ♥

Last May, I was fortunate enough to have a girls weekend with my Momma and sister Kaitlyn in Boise, and go to the Beth Moore Convention! For those of you who don't know who Beth Moore is, she is a Christian author and speaker, who's main focus is on the hearts of women and enabling God into their everyday lives. I had read a book of hers and had heard a lot about her, so it was awesome to go to the Taco Bell Arena and hear the woman who had blessed my heart through her books speak live. 

Going there I had the assumption that I would hear some of her messages in her books and they would have praise music. But it easily exceeded that. She spoke about the word "Hinderance" and how to live a life "Unhindered". Looking back at some of the notes I took, I was once again in awe of the lesson. So I thought I'd share it with you lovelies :)

First of all to live a life unhindered,  you must know what exactly that word means.

》》HINDRANCE:  Something that provides resistance, delay, or obstruction to something or someone《《

Wow, what a powerful word. Another thing I found interesting was the synonyms behind this word.

》》obstruction, barrier, obstacle, difficulty, complication, burden, mass, trap, weight, tumor《《

 God tells us in His word that we are to throw off EVERYTHING that hinders us.



"Let us throw of everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles us and let us run the race mark out for us with perseverance." ~Hebrews 12:1

↑ I loved how she called this verse the "Forrest Gump verse" haha, because we are to throw off the things, people, ideas that hinder us, just as the movie depicted when his metal leg castings fell, and RUN FORREST RUN!! :)

When I went to this convention, I had someone that instantly came to mind.
I had been letting them "hinder" my life, by allowing them to be massive barrier I carried in my heart. This spoke right to my heart then, and now I see that it can apply in a multitude of ways thoroughout your life.

 Satan can hinder us, people can hinder us, heck, they can be hand in hand hindering us!  

No one quite knows the luxury of being unhindered like those who have been hounded by hindrance, meaning you appreciate the seasons of life where you aren't allowing things to hinder you because you know what it's like to be hindered!

Its amazing no matter what you are dealing with in your life, that if you eliminate the hindrance from your struggle, it can really enable you! 

You cannot live a life unhurt, but you can live a life unhindered!! Just look at what you can achieve from removing hindrance from a situation:

●Heartbreak-hindrance=depth
●Breakup-hindrance=break through
●Childhood Trauma-hindrance=testimony
●Disappointment-hindrance=faith
●Devastation-hindrance=trust
●My pain-hindrance=my passion
●My life-hindrance=my God ordained destiny
●What happened-what hindered=AN OVERCOMER

It's amazing to reflect on these equations and truly see what I have let "hinder" or weigh on my life. People,  relationships, friends, dreams, the list is endless. I cannot change the people that have came and gone, the heartbreaks, the setbacks, the come aparts, but I CAN change the fact that I let them weigh me down throughout my life. That is HUGE, my friend ♥

Has someone/something been hindering your heart throughout your life?

Have you let that become a massive burdening restraint??

Let GO friend.

Let GO and let GOD have it ♥

Throw off any and all those things that are hindering you, and run the race God has prepared for you in life.

The longer you wait, the bigger the weight and the strength you will need to throw it off.

Live a live unhindered ♥

Its much better that way. Its also the way God wants for you.

Xoxo, Kess

Momma, me, & Kait at Beth Moore ♥ May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment